Saturday 12 May 2018

Butterfly Wreath Card for Bee Crafty

Hello!

It is my turn to share a project on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog today and I needed to make a thank you card so decided to use the inspiration from one of my recent design team samples ...


Often with the butterfly stamps I stamp them first then colour with pens, but I wanted to use a different technique this time so started by creating a piece of coloured card.  I used distress oxide inks, building them up one layer at a time (seedless preserves, peacock feathers and worn lipstick) then added some splatters using watered down gold paint...


Next I stamped the large butterfly and two of the smaller butterflies 3 times each as well as the XL sentiment.  I used black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder over the top.  Then I cut them all out and die cut the sentiment, layering onto some black card...


I then used a circle die to cut an aperture into the centre of a 7" square card and added some seedless preserves oxide ink around the edges with a blending brush.  To make it look more distressed I splashed some droplets of water onto the ink then dabbed them off with kitchen roll...


Finally I added all the pieces, sticking the sentiment into the centre so that it would be inside the card when opened and then added the butterflies using glue gel...


If you would like to see any of the products used please click the links below...

* Art Stamps - Large Butterfly
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 XL
* Distress Oxide Ink Pads

Thank you for taking the time to have a look :)

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment