Saturday 6 January 2018

Butterfly Mini Journal Cover for Bee Crafty

Hello!

It is my turn to share a project with you today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog and I decided this week to decorate a little journal book that I found in a local stationary shop...


To start I opened up the binding carefully to remove the covers which were a kraft coloured board.
After preparing them with gesso I brayered on 3 different colours of bright acrylic paint, drying each layer in between...


Next I added some background stamping using archival inks.  I used the stamps in my hand rather than on a block and was fairly random! I used Splat 1 and the numbers and alphabet that were on the recent Banksy shows...


Following this I added some stencilling using two of my favourite d'inkables, Regular Dots and Circles.  I used black and white gesso with these...


Then I used some gelatos to colour some of the circles and added doodling with black and white posca pens as well as some splatters...

 
 
Finally for the finishing touches I stamped the Large Butterfly using versamark and heat embossed with black powder then coloured it in with alcohol markers.  The wording from Ticker Tape Stamp Set 1 was stamped in the same way and then the pieces cut out...
 

 

 
It was quite easy to then put the journal back together.
 
To make this project I used the following products from Bee Crafty...
 
* Backdrops - Numbers
* Backdrops - Alphabet
 
I am really going to enjoy creating in my new little journal and hope that you all have great fun this year with your crafting too.
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment