Wednesday 10 January 2018

A Clockwork Bird for Tando Creative

Hello!

When thinking about what I wanted to use for my faux metal project for the Tando Creative blog, I had a look through my fab Tando goodies and when I saw the whimsical birds I knew that was what I wanted to create with!
Whenever I think of metal and birds I am always reminded of the clockwork owl in the original Clash of the Titans film, so that is what I used as my inspiration for this hanging tag...


I started by using the criss cross stencil and some modelling paste onto the tag as it gives a great metal look.  Then I painted all the pieces with black gesso as the base...


I did not want all my 'metal' to be the same so decided to use silver, gold and copper to create some contrast and got out my metallic paints and some chunky embossing powders.

The paint was stippled on with a stencil brush to give a more metallic look and then versamark randomly and roughly applied from the pad around the edges of the pieces.  Then the powder was added and heated (a bit of a messy affair with the chunky powders!)...


Once it had all cooled and dried the pieces were layered up onto the tag and stuck down with glue gel.

The sentiment from Dylusions was stamped and embossed with detail silver powder onto black card before being cut out and added.

Finally two holes were punched into the top using a crop a dile so that a metal wire hanger could be added...


I really love these quirky birds and think the faux metal look gives them a bit of a different feel.

I used the following products available on the Tando Creative website...

* Whimsical Birds 2
* Tag
* Cogs Minis
* Black Gesso
* Decoart Metallic Paints
* Stampendous Embossing Powders

I hope you have a lovely rest of the week and thank you for looking :)

Happy Crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment