Sunday 1 October 2017

Altered Eclectics - Bright and Quirky ATC Box

Hello!

Well yet another month has passed by and we are already in October!  I don't think I am quite ready to let go of summer yet though, so for this months DT project over at Altered Eclectics I decided to create something bright and just a bit quirky...


If you want to take a look at the challenge blog to see all the design team projects and are thinking about entering then you can click HERE.  The main rule is anything goes but no cards or ATC's, but you can read all the rules over at the blog.

I recently bought this MDF box over at That Craft Place as I thought it was so cute.  It came in pieces but was really straight forward to put together.

Once assembled I coated it all in white gesso to prime the surfaces then used the Retro Circles stencil from Stamplorations with texture paste.
I then used Decoart Media Line fluid acrylics, cadmium red, pyrole orange and diarylide yellow, blending the colours together as I wanted a bright, warm feel to the project.  To tone the colours slightly I spritzed with the Decoart white shimmer spray and then highlighted the texture using gold gilding wax from Pebeo...
 

To create the decoration I wanted to use a variety of stamps that I don't always get a chance to use.  I chose a selection of different stamps (including the sentiment) from the Azoline collections by Carabelle, the Da Vinci Wings from Bee Crafty and flowers by Dylusions.

I stamped out the pieces I wanted to use with archival black ink and used spectrum aqua markers and water to colour them.  A clear sparkle overlay pen was then used over the top and on some pieces I added glossy accents with some Decoart glamour dust (crystal) sprinkled in whilst it was still wet...

  
Once all the pieces had dried over night they were glued on with glue gel and finally some sequins from Craft Box and a metal butterfly from Prima were added...


A bit of a difference to some of my more grungy projects, but I really enjoyed making this and will enjoy filling it with ATC's!

I hope you have been inspired to enter the Altered Eclectics challenge this month, do please pop over to the blog for a look :)

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment