Saturday 9 September 2017

Life is a Colourful Canvas for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Well after all the spooky goings on in last week's post I decided to go for a bit of colour this time on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog...


To make this card I used the following products...

* Life is a canvas - Wordage Stamp
* Script - Backdrop Stamp
* Ink splat 1 - Backdrop Stamp
* Ink splat 3 - Backdrop Stamp
* Spray Can - Inspired by Banksy Stamp
* Splatter Swirl - Backdrop Border Stamp
* Brick Wall with Hole - Inkables Stencil
* Distress Oxide Inks - Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Broken China, Faded Jeans
* Versafine Black Onyx Inkpad
* Silver Acrylic Paint Pen


Here is how I made the card...

1) I started by creating the background with the worn lipstick, fossilized amber and broken china distress oxides.  The pads were squished onto a mat then water added and the card smooshed in it.  I dried with a heat tool between layers and kept adding the colours until I was happy.
2) Using the same inks I added the two different ink splat stamps randomly across the card.
3) The stencil was placed into the corners and I used a baby wipe to remove part of the colour, then in other areas added extra distress oxide ink through the stencil.
4) I splashed some water across the card and then dabbed off with kitchen roll to add lighter spots.
5) The border stamp was stamped all the way round the edges with the broken china distress oxide ink pad.
6) Then I used faded jeans distress oxide to add a little bit of the script stamp to some of the corners.
7) I stamped the spray can onto another piece of card with the faded jeans oxide and embossed with clear powder.  Next I used a silver acrylic pen to colour the plain areas that were left.  The same pen was then used to splatter some silver ink across parts of the card.
8) The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of card and clear embossed before dusting some of the distress oxides on with an ink duster brush.
9) The card was then mat and layered and the sentiment and can were raised slightly using foam pads.


 My main aim with this card was to create a layered background using stamps and stencils, and also to use the distress oxides in a few different ways.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment