Saturday 23 September 2017

Autumn Tag for Bee Crafty

Hello!

As the weather is turning much more autumnal now I thought that this week for my design team blog post at Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I would share one of the recent makes for the HOCHANDA shows that has a very autumnal feel...


The products used were...

* MDF Tags
* Birds and Butterflies Set 1 - Art Stamps
* Birds on a Wire - Art Stamps
* Moon - Art Stamps
* Ticker Tape Sentiments - Wordage Stamps
* Regular Dots - D'Inkables Stencil
* Maple Leaf - Inkables Template
* Distress Oxide Inkpads



My main aim with this tag (as well as to show the stamps) was to show the variety of ways that stencils can be used.  I started by using the stencil to put texture paste onto the MDF before painting it over and highlighting with gilding wax.  I then used the stencil to stipple paint through and finally I used the stencil as a template to draw around and cut out the leaves (these were then coloured using the distress oxide inks).
The tag was painted using a shimmery acrylic paint in autumnal colours and the birds and moon were stamped using versamark and then heat embossed.
To add extra interest to the background the d'inkables are ideal and on this one I used the regular dots with paint.


As well as the leaves I also wanted the beautiful bird to be a main feature.  I stamped and then clear embossed the bird before cutting it out.  Next I used alcohol markers to create some colour, choosing more autumn tones, before using glue gel to create dimension.

I hope you are enjoying the changing of the seasons.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment