Friday 1 September 2017

Altered Eclectics: Time Flies

Hello!

The first day of September is here which means it is almost back to school time, but a few more days to enjoy first!

It also means it is the start of a new challenge over at the Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog and you can click HERE for the link.

With this challenge you can enter any type of altered or mixed media project as long as it is not a card or ATC, and the theme is always anything goes.

Here is my mixed media canvas that I made for the challenge design team...


I have a bit of a thing about wings at the moment, especially when combined with clocks and hearts, so I ordered a mould from Arty Co of steampunk angel wings, so that I could make my own wings whenever I wanted.
The wings and the clock (Prima IOD mould) were cast with quick drying white resin and the frame underneath was from a Craft Box by Anna Hersom.

Once I had my main feature planned I added lace and stencilling to the canvas with matt medium then once these were dry added my embellishments using extra heavy body gel...



I used a selection of items from Craft Box and others that were in my crafty stash, as well as art balls from Powertex (these were ideal for filling in any gaps or areas with too much gel medium!).

Once these had fully dried overnight the whole piece was painted with black gesso.  I used a couple of coats to make sure that everything was totally covered!!

Then I used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to add colour (time travel teal, rusty lantern and gator gumbo olive).

Next to highlight the textures I used gold gilding wax from Pebeo.


To add a bit of sparkle micro beads were added to some 3D gel medium as well as some teal glitter using soft gel medium.  Next some larger beads and gems were added to create a bit of contrast with the darker background.

The final touch had to be a sentiment, and this one from Bee Crafty Stamps was perfect for the theme.


It was quite a weighty piece at the end of this!

I hope you enjoyed my post and it has maybe inspired you to have a go at the challenge, do please pop over for a look and also to see what the other design team members have made.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment