Friday 7 July 2017

Creative Artiste: Another Altered Box!

Hello!

I am back today as it is the first Friday of the month and so a new challenge over on the Creative Artiste challenge blog...

Every month we gets lots of lovely entries which are a joy to look at, but a quick reminder that this is a mixed media challenge so do please take a quick look at the challenge rules before entering.  If you would like to go straight over please click HERE.

This month the fantastic prize sponsor is Scrapmatts...

http://papertoleaustralia.com.au/category8_1.htm
 
 
Here is the project that I made for the design team this month...
 


Now you may notice that this is the second box I have altered for a challenge this month and the reason is that after my son saw my under the sea box he also wanted a decorated box.  So he chose the box that he wanted and the colours, as you can see he likes a bit of pink and purple!  It is now being used to hold his own 'treasures'.

I started by preparing the wood using gesso and then using a Scrapmatts hexagon stencil with modelling paste.  Next were added some chipboard elements from Scrapmatts along with a selection of metal and resin embellishments.  The main resin piece on top and the keyhole I had previously made using quick cast resin in my IOD moulds...


This was all then recovered with more gesso to provide a good base for the paint.  For the colour  I used Decoart fluid acrylics (cobalt blue hue, quinacridone magenta and white tinting base)  and then highlighted the texture using Pebeo gilding wax...


I wanted to add a word so used another Scrapmatt product, this time a chipboard with a leather look.  I also felt it needed something extra so checked with my son who was happy for me to add some paper flowers and a bit of sparkle with some faux gems!



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my son's special box, he has promised that he will take good care of it :)

Take care and have a lovely weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment