Thursday 1 June 2017

Altered Eclectics: Home Sweet Home

Hello!

Wow! It is amazing to think that we are now heading towards the summer, the months go by so quickly!  So as it is the start of June it is time for a new challenge over at Altered Eclectics.  We had lots of fab entries last month and would love to see even more so if you love mixed media or altering items please take a look and enter, the only items not allowed are cards and ATC's.  Click HERE to go straight to the challenge blog.

This month I decided to alter a plaque kit that I have had in my crafty stash for a good few years!  It is a grey board kit from Tando that I bought at a craft show and this month I decided to alter it using a range of paints and mediums from Decoart...

 
All the pieces were initially coated with white gesso then I used texture paste through a Scrapmatts circle stencil on the main plaques.  These were then coloured using fluid acrylics (green gold, cobalt teal hue) and tinting base. 
The house roofs were then covered with crackle glaze and left to dry, whilst I used texture sand paste on the hearts.   The houses were then painted using hansa yellow light and pyrole orange with cadmium red hue used for the hearts. 
 
The words were painted with carbon black then glossy accents were added over the top.
 
Next I used the dinkie script stamp from IndigoBlu with sepia archival ink before adding all the different parts to the plaques.
 
The finishing touch was some king gold gilding wax from Pebeo.
 
I look forward to seeing your entries this month,
 
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment