Thursday 13 April 2017

Mixed Media Die Cards

Hello!

I am back today with some design team samples using the Crafter's Companion mixed media dies.  These dies are thicker than your usual metal dies which means they can cut through thicker and different materials to.  Previously I have used these dies to make a range of home décor and jewellery projects but today all my samples are cards to show that even though they are called mixed media they can be used easily within card making...


This aperture card used the Twit Twoo owl die, cut out using felt attached to card with a fabric adhesive.


The Penant die and Cogs in Motion were cut out of mount board to create the focal point for this tent card.  Some of cogs were also cut from card to create some background interest.


This easel shaker card was made using the Blossoming Tree die.  It was cut out of normal weight coredinations card, but as the die is thicker I was able to cut multiple layers of card for the blossoms and leaves at the same time, making it much quicker to create my shaker pieces!


My final card was made using one of the Maple Leaves dies through shrink plastic which was then shrunk down with the heat tool and coloured with alcohol markers.

These dies are really good fun and open up so many more possibilities within both card making and other areas of crafting.

To see demos and all the design team samples the shows are on today at 8am, 11am and 3pm on HOCHANDA...

  • SKY 663 (24/7)

  • FREEVIEW 85 (24/7)

  • FREESAT 817 (24/7)

  • I will be back again tomorrow as tonight is the launch of a brand new Fancy Edegables die collection that I was also lucky enough to work with.  These will launch tonight on HOCHANDA at 8pm and I will show some of my samples tomorrow at 9am as the shows continue throughout Friday as well.
    Enjoy the rest of your day,

    Jane xx


    No comments:

    Post a Comment