Friday 14 October 2016

Butterfly Dream

Hello!

I hope you all had a chance to see Leonie's show last night, if not the shows are on catch up for 2 weeks (I think) at Hochanda.com so you can always check them out if you missed them!
I loved the shows with some really great demos and it made me want to get my masks and stamps out to play!!

Today I am showing you another of my favourite samples from the show made with the 'Dream' mask and sunflower set of stamps...


Anyone who has seen a few of my posts will probably realise that I love butterflies, so when I saw the stamp set that had a butterfly and a dragonfly (a close second to my love of butterflies) it had to be the first set I used!  I chose 'Dream' because I always feel that butterflies have that ethereal quality to them, probably also due to their change from a caterpillar to something so beautiful :)

I started by sticking the mask down with some stick and spray (repositionable adhesive)  then used broken china distress ink to colour the background.  I built up my pattern starting with the larger stamps then using the smaller ones to fill in any spaces.  Once I was happy I removed the mask carefully and then coloured the images using Spectrum Aqua markers.  I decided that I wanted the word to be a bit more defined so used a black fine line pen to add dots...


To make the butterflies stand out more I added some glossy accents, then decided that I wanted to really make a feature of the butterflies so stamped and cut out lots of them, colouring them in rainbow colours then using glossy accents over the top...


I used a black background for the card as I really wanted the colours to stand out and also raised the wings using glue gel to make it seem that the butterflies were flying out from the dream.

I hope you like it and for more demos and inspiration from Leonie here are the details of today's shows...


Please also take a look at the other design team members blogs...

* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Natalie: http://natsplat86.wix.com/splatsplog

Please don't forget that I will also be having a giveaway when I reach 50 followers, so if you are not already following my blog and like what you see do please click the follow box on the left hand side bar!

I will be back on Monday with something a bit more mixed media and autumnal to help celebrate the 11th birthday of Crafter's Companion :)

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing,

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment