Thursday 13 October 2016

An inspiring plaque!

Hello again!

I am here once more to share with you one of my design team samples for the launch of Leonie Pujol's latest masks and stencils.

These were incredibly popular last time as they are a very different idea to anything else that has previously been seen, and the words this time around are even more gorgeous, right up my street!

I am showing this sample first as I admit it is my favourite.  I love the word and the whole plaque turned out exactly as I had imagined...

 
 
The plaque was created using a Tando mixed media board which was first painted with white gesso then I used Decoart fluid acrylic (quinacridone magenta) with the Decoart tinting base to create different shades of pink.  Then I used some of the stamps to create layers of texture and interest with white, pink and black ink...
 
 
Using the stencil of the Inspire, I used black paint and a stencil brush, then placed the mask over once dry to add the inside parts of the letters...
 
 
 
The other words come from an earlier Leonie stamp set, and were stamped in black then cut out by hand.  The flowers were stamped multiple times then cut into various arrangements before adding the tiniest amount of pale pink aqua marker and then sticking onto the plaque with glue gel...
 
 
There are more ideas for how to use the masks and stencils, as well as the stamp sets, on the blogs of the other team members, so please do pop over for a look...
 
* Natalie: http://natsplat86.wix.com/splatsplog

I will have another project tomorrow morning as well as the continuing shows on HOCHANDA with Leonie at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm and please don't forget to follow my blog if you haven't already so that we can get to over 50 followers!

Have a lovely evening,

Jane x
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment