Friday 23 September 2016

Funtastic Friday: A 'quilling' monolith!

Hello!

Firstly I must apologise for the lack of posts in the last couple of weeks, amongst other things going on I just managed to get out of the blogging habit for a bit but hopefully I am back on it now!!

I have a couple of exciting announcements coming up in the next few weeks that I must sit on for now, but I also had a fab day at the Ally Pally craft show last weekend. 
There were loads of great demos going on, make and takes, HOCHANDA filming live plus of course lots and lots of....shopping!!!!!!!!!!!
So for my post today I am using some of the crafty stash I acquired and here is a piccie of it altogether...

 
 
I couldn't wait to get started so decided to use my new decoart paint colours with one of the monoliths and the Bee Crafty stamps and stencil...
 
 
The colours used were Payne's Grey, Transparent Red Oxide, Transparent Yellow Oxide and Quinacridone Gold, which was allowed to drip down for an extra rusty effect. 
 
The base was first stuck together then coated with white gesso.  The colours were applied one layer at a time and dried between each.  Then I used the paints with the Bee Crafty stencil and used archival ink with the ledger and Versafine with the pen stamps from the Bee Crafty set.  The pen nibs were also coated with clear embossing powder...
 
 
I then stamped, embossed and cut out the quill and ink pot and coloured them using Spectrum Aquablend pens.  The sentiment was a wordage stamp from Bee Crafty...
 
 
Once it had all been put together with glue gel I used watered down brown and gold paint to add splatters for more texture and gold Pebeo gilding wax...
 
 
Finally I added some Finnabair rust paste to the corners and base.
 
I love the fact that these monoliths are double sided and I am thinking that I may decorate the other side as well so that I can alter what is on view.
 
The visible image stamps are next on my list to be tried out so I will show the results of that next time, I am also thinking that I may need to create something a bit brighter next time as I seem to be heading down a grungy path at the moment!!
 
Until then have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to :)
 
Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment