Monday 15 August 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Zesty and Zingy!





Hello, I hope you had a lovely weekend and that the weather was good wherever you are!

Today I have another plaque made using one of the Tando mixed media boards, I love the size of these for making plaques and their sturdiness makes them great for all types of mediums.  However unlike my wintery one on Friday this one has a much more hot, summer feel...

 
I will be entering this project into the following challenges...
 
 
 
I started by preparing the board with white gesso then used my gelli plate to make some prints.  I used a leaf stencil by Artplorations with some lime marmalade and lemon meringue paint from IndigoBlu.  I am still experimenting with my plate and also how different paints react so this was a bit of trial and error...
 
 
 


Once my board had dried I used a bold floral stencil (also from Artplorations) with some marshmallow paint to add some hot summer flowers.  Then for extra highlights I added some white lines with paint and an old gift card and some very subtle yellow and green circles with a bottle lid...

 
To make the flowers stand out a bit more I added some black dots with a fine liner pen and then added a few more doodles.  Using another piece of gelli print paper I stamped a sentiment from Jo Firth Young in archival black ink and then cut the words out...

 
 
I stamped and embossed one of the flower stamps by Leonie Pujol twice and cut them out so that I had two layers of petals.  These were then coloured using Spectrum Aqua markers with sparkle pen...
 

 
Finally all the pieces were adhered using glue gel and I added a little bumble bee just to finish off the summer feel...
 

 
 
I hope that has put you in a summery mood, I love the bright colours as they are so happy!


On Wednesday I will be back with some extra photos of the triptych that I made for last weeks Leonie Pujol Entwined Christmas launch so I hope you will pop by to have a look,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment