Friday 25 March 2016

Funtastic Friday: Dream On...

Hello!

I hope you have had a good week and if you are having a bank holiday that you are doing something nice.  I am not sure what we will be up to as unfortunately the weather forecast is not good.  At least it will be good crafting weather!!

Today I am posting a project to enter into the Mixed Media Place challenge.  They have a mood board to inspire what you create...

http://mixedmediaplace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/dream-on-march-challenge.html

This gave me the perfect opportunity to use a set of stamps that I have had a little while but had not got round to using.  I loved the soft colour palette, and flowers and butterflies are one of my favourite themes, so I loved making this project. 

I have quite a few photos so will try to keep the text to a minimum.

I started by painting a paper mache hanging icon with white gesso then stencilled glass bead gel from Golden through a TCW stencil (mini swirly garden)...


Once this had dried I attached some metal flowers and leaves using 3D matte gel and also some 3D balls from Powertex using the medium as well...


This was then painted over with white gesso again to form a blank canvas, the metal elements required an extra couple of coats...


 I looked through my paints and sprays to find colours that I felt captured the mood board.  I used tattered rose and tumbled glass distress paints for the base, then used sprays to darken the corners.  Tattered rose distress stain and Lindy's Stamp Gang (turbine teal and whale blue).  Then I added some linen distress stain and flicks of watered down gesso...


 Next I wanted lots of glitz to create a frosty morning type of effect.  I used frozen lake and frosty the snowman Wow! embossing powders across the corners before adding micro beads in splash and silver.  To add even more glitz I added some of the Finnabair glitters using more matte gel and some gems...


The main elements to go on top were from the Finnabair stamp set 'Dream On'.  I prepared a piece of paper using the main spray inks used on the icon and then stamped the butterflies and sentiment using versamark and heat embossed with silver powder...
 


After cutting out the butterflies I cut out and matted the sentiment onto silver card, then stuck them all on using glue gel...







 
I was really pleased with how this turned out and I got the look that I had imagined from the mood board.   Unfortunately the camera never seems to pick up the sparkle.
 
My next post will be on Sunday at 2pm (GMT) instead of Monday as it is a special one to link up with another blog, so I hope you will pop over to take a look!
 
Have a fantastic weekend,
 
Jane x 

No comments:

Post a Comment