Saturday 5 May 2018

Falling Rose Petals for Bee Crafty

Hello!

It is my turn to share a project on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog today and I am sharing my favourite DT sample from this weeks HOCHANDA shows.  I loved all the large flowers but my two favourite have to be the sunflower and the rose.  As soon as I saw the rose it made me think of a certain film, and I wanted to try to capture that on an art board...

 
I used one of the tag art boards as I thought that it suited the style of the project and painted it using a sparkly acrylic paint.  Extra detail was then added using silver paint through the distressed harlequin d'inkable and stamping using the XL script stamp and grey archival ink...
 


I wanted the rose to be very dimensional so stamped it out 3 times using the same grey ink then cut out the whole rose once and parts of the other two to create a decoupage effect.  As I also wanted some petals to be falling I used parts of the leftover rose pieces to create those.  They were all coloured using watercolour pens and then a clear sparkle pen was added over the top.  The pieces were then coated with glossy accents and left to dry thoroughly overnight...


Once the glaze had dried I glued the main rose to the board and then added the other parts using glue gel.  Next I stamped one of the everyday sentiments in matching ink and added some pink distress ink to the card piece before placing it on the board...


The final touch was to add some silver ribbon to the top of the tag.

For this project I used...

* MDF - Tag Art Boards
* Beautanical - Rose
* Backdrops - XL Script
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1
* D'inkables - Distressed Harlequin

Thank you for looking and if you want to catch up with any of the shows using this stamp then they should be available on the HOCHANDA website for a couple of weeks.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment