Thursday 1 March 2018

Altered Eclectics: Grungy Hearts

 
Hello!
 
The first day of March means a new challenge over on the Altered Eclectics blog so this month I decided to alter a burlap page of my Dina Wakley mixed media journal...
 


The burlap pages of the journal are the most challenging for me so I went for a grungy style to get used to how paint works on it.

I started by spreading some white gesso onto parts of the page before adding colour with some Dina Wakley acrylic paints and also a hint of gold starlight paint from Imagination crafts...

Then I added some Decoart crackle paste through a Bee Crafty hearts stencil...


Once this had dried overnight I added a bit of colour to some of the hearts with Dina Wakley scribble sticks (watercolour pigment sticks).  Then I added some stamping with the Bee Crafty XL music background and archival black ink.  I discovered that stamping onto burlap isn't very easy!! But it added to the grungy look!

Finally I stamped some of the stamps from Dina Wakley's collage heart stamp set and embossed with black powder.  After cutting them out I coloured them using the scribble sticks then stuck them to the page with glue gel as well as one of the sentiments from the same set...


Creating on the burlap is definitely a challenge but it was a fun and different surface to use.

If you would like to enter a project into the challenge please click HERE to go to the blog.  You can find all the design team inspiration there plus the rules etc. Every challenge is anything goes as long as the project is altered art or mixed media BUT no cards or ATC's.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment