Wednesday 8 November 2017

Steampunk Cover for Tando Creative

Hello!

I am back again today using one of my favourite products, embossing powder!  Seeing the magic of heat embossed powder was one of the main reasons I developed a love of stamping and I now have many different types in my crafty stash for various effects.

I decided at last to get around to decorating my Tando mini mask binder which I use to keep all my mini stencils safe but has been looking very plain for quite a while...



The binder was first prepared using white gesso then structure paste was put through the distressed diamonds mini stencil.  Once dry I used Decoart paint and salt to recreate an Andy Skinner rusty metal technique.  Some gilding wax was also added over the stencilled texture and some versamark ink put through the cogs mini stencil and embossed with a patina coloured powder.  I also added some of the same ink and powder across the corner of the folder...


A number stamp from Tim Holtz was used to stamp versamark in areas of the cover then embossed with silver detail powder.
The ink from the versamark pad was then used to cover the larger cog and the winged cog.  Gold powder was added and heated, then whilst the powder was still melted I sprinkled in some of the patina colour as well.  All the other pieces were painted using Payne's Grey and Quinacridone Gold, then on the word some embossing powder was added to the edges...



Finally some more gilding wax was rubbed onto the pieces and then some metal embellishments added to parts of the cover.

I used the following products from Tando Creative...


Thank you for reading and I am now thinking that I need some more mini stencils to add to my decorated binder!

Happy crafting,

Jane xx




No comments:

Post a Comment