Wednesday 1 November 2017

Altered Eclectics: Angelic Lightbulb

Hello!

The first of the month means a new challenge starting over on the Altered Eclectics challenge blog.  Please click HERE to go straight there, where you can join in with the challenge and also read the rules for entering.  Every month is anything goes, altered items or mixed media just no cards or ATC's.

This month I altered a light bulb glass that my husband bought from a charity shop and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to come to me for altering!!

 

I started by preparing the surface with a couple of coats of white gesso, then added crackle paint, crackle paste and sand texture paste all from Decoart.  At this point I also added some Powertex art balls into some of the paste...


This was left to dry overnight then washes of Quinacridone Violet, Quinacridone Magenta and Quinacridone Gold were added (Decoart Fluid Acrylic paint).  To create some contrast I also added touches of patina and gold coloured gilding wax. 
Microbeads were then mixed into some 3D gel medium and added to various areas, mostly around the top of the bulb.
I used some gems, sequins and flowers (mainly from Craft Box by Anna Hersom) to add some sparkle and interest...


Finally I stamped a sentiment from Watercolour Inspiration by Mama Makes Stamps and the Wings by Bee Crafty.  These were all stamped using Sepia Versafine ink then coloured with some worn lipstick distress oxide...


This has been really enjoyable to make as I loved the shape of the bulb and using so many different mediums!

Do please enter your own creations into the challenge this month, we love to see them.

I will be entering my project into the following challenge...

* Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media Goes (Twist: Use or imitate glass)

Happy Crafting,

Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment