Tuesday 1 August 2017

Altered Eclectics: A 'Sweet' Project!

Hello!

Welcome to a new month which means a new challenge over at Altered Eclectics!
If you would like to have a look at all the design team inspiration or have a read through the challenge rules please click HERE.

My design team project this month is on a very small scale for me.  One of my children had some candy sticks as part of a party bag (actually they didn't like so them so I had to eat them!) and I thought that the box was so cute I would like to try a bit of altering and mixed media with it...
 
Before...
 

 
After...
 

I used white gesso from Decoart to cover the box to start with (it took a few coats as the colour of the original box was quite dark), then I used texture paste through a Scrapmatts hexagon stencil.  Some chipboard was added along with metal embellishments.

The hexagons made me think of honeycomb and bees so I added a metal one that I had in my stash and also thought that the micro beads and art balls could be pollen!
It was all painted with Decoart fluid acrylics then finished off with gilding wax.

The flower was added to break up some of the orange colour and the 'happy' (again from Scrapmatts) was intended to finish off the idea of 'Bee Happy'.

I hope that we will see some of your projects this month over at the challenge, until next time 'bee happy' crafting!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment