Saturday 7 January 2017

For the Love of Stamps - New Launch!

Hello!

Today on Create and Craft is the new launch from HunkyDory's latest 'For the Love of Stamps' collection.

I was lucky enough as part of the design team to be able to work with 3 of the new sets plus the matching stencils.  I loved having the stencils as well as it adds a new layer of interest to the projects you can make (especially if you enjoy a bit of mixed media!).

The shows start at 9am but you would need to check the schedules for the other shows across the weekend.

I have picked 2 samples from each of the sets I used and am starting by showing you 'Rose Bouquet'.

This set was a real joy to work with and has a huge amount of versatility as the stems, roses and leaves are all separate stamps so you can create a single stemmed rose or a whole bunch of flower heads...

 
The frame for this was one that had been lurking in my cupboard for ages ready to be used, and it only cost a pound!!  The background was created with the stencil, using texture paste, paint and gilding wax.  I cut out layers of the flowers to decoupage them up and finished them all off with glossy accents.

 
This project was completely different but I loved it just as much!  I used the HunkyDory masking sheets to create the bouquet and then decoupaged the main flower.  These were coloured using the Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens.
 
The next samples are from the 'Spread Your Wings' set.  Again this is a lovely mix of stamps with some silhouette and some more detailed in a range of sizes...
 
 
The tag was created using Starlight paint (from Imagination Crafts) then silver embossing of the swirl stamps that are also included in the set.  I stamped and cut out a range of the butterflies before colouring them and topping with glossy accents.



The background of this card was made using the stencil that matches.  I coloured the background with distress inks first then lifted some of the colour out through the stencil using a baby wipe.  Then I used some more of the distress ink for the stencil wording and on the card blank.  The main butterfly is made up using a layering stamp that is also in the set.

The final set I used is 'Welcome Little One' which is super cute!!  Lots of little clothes that are ideal for cutting out, plus lots of really small stamps that are great for creating backgrounds and 3 sentiments...


The panel card was made by stamping onto different colours of patterned paper before cutting them out.  Then simply mounted onto panels, I used a variety of colours to make this card suitable for either a boy or a girl.

 
As soon as I saw this set I wanted to create a washing line, so I did!  I made an easel card and then added the stamped, coloured and cut out images.  You even get the little pegs and washing line poles in the set!

I am sure that there will be lots of fab demos on the shows this weekend so do please take if a look if you get a chance!

I will be back on Monday with my giveaway post.
Have a great weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment