Sunday 4 December 2016

Delightful Dahlias

Hello!
 
Today I thought I would show you my remaining design team samples from this weekends Hunkydory shows.  These were all created using the 'For the Love of Stamps' set Delightful Dahlias, which is a lovely classic set ideal for so many occasions.  As there are also coordinating stencils for the sets in this release I wanted to show a range of ways to use the stamps and stencils, both in the end products as well as the mediums and techniques...
 

This was one of my favourite samples as I wanted to try a bit of mixed media and create a vintage/shabby chic look.  The stencil was used on the MDF with light modelling paste, then once it was dry and been painted I added crackle glaze and antiquing cream.  I used the leaf stamps with flitterglu and gilding flakes and brought out the texture of the flowers with gilding wax.  I stamped the main outline image onto patterned paper with gold embossing powder and cut out the various layers to create a decoupaged flower.

 
I wanted a much cleaner look for this card so used only the stamps.   The outline stamps were used with Versafine then embossed with clear powder.  The images were coloured using Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens.

 
I always try to create a range of projects that are not just cards as I think that stamps are so versatile and can be used in so many ways, so my next project was to use the stamps to create the pattern on a handbag gift bag.  The bag was made using the Crafter's Companion Big Score board and project DVD and I used A3 centura pearl cardstock, but stamped on the reverse side (not the shiny side).  I used the bolder flower image this time with distress inks and then also used the ink through the stencil to fill in the blank areas.  The main flower on the flap was created by stamping the bold images with distress ink then over stamping with the outline image in a darker colour.


This final project was created using silver card for the box and the instructions from a youtube tutorial which I have previously linked up HERE.  The decorated panels were made using both the bold and outline stamps again, but this time the outline was stamped with versamark then embossed with silver powder.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing the projects and hopefully had a chance to catch some of the show on Create and Craft.  The live shows have now finished for the weekend but I am sure they will be available for a while on the catch up facility.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment