Friday 16 December 2016

A Vintage Journey: Winter Magic

Hello!

I am really proud today to have one of my projects over at 'A Vintage Journey' challenge blog, as I was chosen as one of their pinworthy projects a couple of months ago!
The theme at the moment is 'Winter Magic' and the blog challenge focuses on shabby chic; mixed media and vintage type projects so my one is very mixed media and a bit shabby chic.  Click HERE to go on over to the blog.

When I heard the theme of winter magic it immediately made me think of ice and snow as I think these are truly magical parts of nature.  I already had an IndigoBlu mannequin that I had previously decorated but wasn't happy with so I took it apart and started again!!

Here is my finished project...


I started by preparing the mannequin body and base with white gesso then painting with Imagination crafts silver starlight paint.  Then I applied some paverpol wrappers with Powertex fabric hardener to create the layers of the dress.  I wanted to give a dripping ice feel to the bottom so layered the wrappers to create that effect.  At this stage I also added in some Powertex art balls to create extra texture...


This was left to dry thoroughly for a few days and then I added some crackle paste with a pallet knife.  Once this had dried I used a selection of starlight paints to create different icy colours.  Silver Pebeo gilding wax was blended over the top to bring out the texture and some sprinklings of cosmic shimmer iced snow glitter which adds a sparkle that is easier to see in 'real life'...


Then I die cut snowflakes using a spellbinders pendant die and snowflake dies by Sue Wilson and layered them up in matching card colours, finishing off with some creative expressions sparklers...


Finally I added sections of some pearl strings from Anna Marie designs as a finishing touch...


I absolutely loved making this project as I felt I could add as much sparkle and texture as I wanted and hopefully it has captured the theme of winter magic!

Thank you for reading and do please pop over to the vintage journey blog to see what else has been made.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment