Saturday 5 November 2016

For The Love of Stamps: New Launch!

Hello!

Well today's the day that Hunkydory launch a new collection of clear stamps to their range on Create and Craft.  The first show is at 10am but you may need to check the schedule for the rest of the weekend as shows are subject to change especially if things are selling out quickly!!

To celebrate the launch I thought I would show you a few of the samples that I made using a selection of the new stamps...


I have to show my most favourite sample first!  This pop up box card was made using the 'Tons of Fun' stamp set.  It is a gorgeous set as the elephants come in a variety of sizes and are simple to cut out.  Brilliant for new baby cards as well as birthday cards up to a variety of ages, I decided to go for a birthday theme on this one and went to town with the elephants!!  I used Spectrum Aqua markers for the colouring with a clear sparkle pen.

 
As always I didn't only want to make cards as to me stamps are a great tool for a wide variety of projects and when I saw the 'It's Wine O'Clock' stamp set I thought immediately that it would be great for decorating a wine gift box!  The box was made using A3 Centura Pearl card, but I used the non shiny side for the outside so that I could stamp and colour easily onto it.  It was created using the Big Score Board from Crafter's Companion and the instructions for the box are on the disk that comes with the board.  I coloured the pictures using Faber Castell Pitt pens and used a selection of stamps from the set to create my decoration.
 
 
As soon as I saw the 'Unicorn Dreams' stamp set I thought it would be lovely as a little plaque to hang in a home!  I used a Tando mixed media board along with acrylic paints and ink sprays for the background.  More sparkle and silver embossing powder were used to try to create a magical look.
 
 
My final sample for today is using the 'Barrow in Bloom' stamp set.  There are lots of lovely elements in this set. great for creating scenes.  I wanted to do a different style of card so looked up templates on the internet one of which was this stepper card.  The background is created using brusho pigment powders and then the elements were coloured and cut out to add to the different panels.
 
I love that these sets all include a few different sentiments on them as it makes them really versatile, and lots of them are not occasion specific making them great for all sorts of projects.
 
I hope you are able to watch the shows today and tomorrow and I will be back on Monday with a few more samples from the shows.
 
If you are off watching fireworks tonight (we are going to a public display) then keep warm and safe and have a great time :)
 
Jane x  



No comments:

Post a Comment