Saturday 19 November 2016

Decorative Boxes

Hello again!

Three days of posts in a row, must be a near record!!

Today I have some of the samples that I created for the Weekend Wow over on HOCHANDA at the moment.  The beautiful and intricate dies are fab for a range of projects and I decided to use two of them to decorate different styles of boxes...


This first box was created using a tutorial on You Tube by Lea Denton who is a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, here is the link to the video...
 
I used 12 x 12 coredinations card for the main part of the box and cut the Fancy Shutter die out of coredinations green card backed onto stick it.  Once cut this was then mounted onto gold foil card and the box all put together.  Finally I stamped and embossed the sentiment which was from one of the Sentimentals sets by Crafter's Companion and some luxury ribbon was added as per the tutorial.
 
 
My second box was a simpler and flatter box that I made using the box base and lid measurements on my Big Score board.  I used the Butterfly Swirls die and cut it twice to create an oval shape.  By cutting the die a couple more times I was also able to snip away some of the whole butterflies to layer up onto the main die cut.  Gilding wax was added to highlight the texture and organza ribbon and a sentiment added as the finishing touches.
 
To see the dies in action and lots more samples from the whole design team you can tune in as follows...
 
 
Hopefully I will keep my posts more up to date now and hope to see you soon,
 
Jane x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment