Wednesday 26 October 2016

Handbag Gift Box

Hello!

I am posting this evening to coincide with the launch of a new One Day Special on HOCHANDA with shows also throughout tomorrow (9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm). 
This time the launch is from Crafter's Companion and is the Big Score Board along with a new project DVD.  Also on the show are some totally gorgeous A3 printed centura pearl card packs and having worked with them I can say that they really are luxurious!

I thought I would show my favourite design team sample first as I love anything that involves making handbags...
 
I started by making the handbag in plain card so that I understood how the mechanics worked (I didn't want to waste the lovely printed card!!) I also now have that as a template which will make creating the bag much easier in the future. 
Once I had constructed the bag from the printed card I added a Velcro closure and then could finish off with decoration.
 
The cardstock is so beautiful that you could actually leave the bag plain and it would still look great but I decided to give it a purple flower theme...
 
 
 
I used coredinations card from the pastels and darks range for all my die cutting and the dies from the English Country Garden collection by Sara.  The bag flap is decorated with the floral edgeable die from the collection and some silver Pebeo gilding wax added to the different elements to bring out the embossing detail...
 
 
 
The bag is a fairly reasonable size, and this photo is to try to give some idea of the depth as you could fit a decent sized present in there.  Finally I added more flourishes from the Butterfly Lullaby Signature Collection as well as a sentiment...
 
 
 
The sentiment is from one of the sentimental range clear stamps (Birthday Greetings) also from Crafter's Companion and was heat embossed using silver detail powder from Cosmic Shimmer.
 
I am looking forward to the shows and hope you will get a chance to tune in too!
 
Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment