Wednesday 24 August 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Bright Butterfly

Hello!

We have been having a beautiful couple of days here on the Isle of Wight and that seems to go perfectly with so many of the challenges that are running at the moment. 
Today I have created a project for the latest IndigoBlu blog challenge 'All Things Bright and Beautiful' (link is in the challenge title)...


I have been having a sort out of my crafty stash in recent days to try to get it organised so I get the best use out of everything and this has led to me rediscovering my gelatos!  I love their vibrant colours so thought they would be excellent for this project.

First I stamped 2 different IndigoBlu butterflies over a piece of cardstock and embossed them in white powder to create a resistant surface.  Then the gelatos were used in patches across the card and blended with a spritz of water...

 
 
I then took the IndigoBlu harlequin stencil and removed some of the colour using a baby wipe in a ghosting technique.  The flowers from another IndigoBlu stencil were added using a purple gelato and then the background was complete.
 
The big butterfly was stamped and gilded with silver flake on top of another piece of coloured card.  Some clear drying glue and glamour dust glitter were added for a bit of extra sparkle...
 
 
 
A sentiment was then stamped and embossed with silver powder...
 
 
 
Silver and yellow card was used to build up the layers before the final matting onto a white card blank.
 
It certainly was very bright!!
 
I will be back on Friday with some more of the samples from Leonie's last One Day Special, and possibly a little sneak peek of what is coming up next weekend...
 
Jane x 



No comments:

Post a Comment