Monday 25 July 2016

Leonie - Floral Wreath

Hello!

I have a 3D project today that was created for the Leonie Launch shows...


When I received the dies I was really happy to see flowers as they are one of my favourite things to use on any project!  Even better these were funky flowers so they are like nothing else that I already have.  I immediately wanted to create a floral wreath but knew that colouring the flowers myself would be way too time consuming, so instead I decided to use patterned paper and had an evening of cutting lots and lots of flowers...


The base is an MDF wreath which I drilled a hole in the top of then painted with gesso then a light green chalk paint.  I did stamp and emboss in gold powder lots of the flower stamps, you may just about be able to catch the odd glimpse but most then got covered up by the paper flowers!!
The really fun bit was then stacking and arranging the flowers in all sorts of ways until I was happy with the arrangement.  Then I tucked in some leaves to add that extra bit of interest that I think flowers always require.
Finally I stamped one of the sentiment stamps and die cut into a circle, inking up the edges with distress ink...


The ribbon was matched to the colour tones and added to hang the wreath if wanted.

I will be back on Wednesday with another project from the shows so until then I hope you have a lovely start to your week,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment