Wednesday 15 June 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: A New Home

Hello once more!

The other week I had a stall at a local craft fair and was asked if I had a new home card, unfortunately I didn't, but it got me thinking that I needed to make sure that I have a selection of different occasions as I do tend towards the birthdays!

So when I was at the Sincerely Yours craft show in Portsmouth on Sunday I decided to buy a cute little new home set by Woodware and used it to make today's card, so I will have at least one at the next craft fair!

I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Lots of Layers
* That's Crafty - In The Pink

I started by stamping out the main image of the bird house 3 times and then cutting out the parts I wanted to layer up.  I also stamped and cut out the smallest flower and the leaves from Beautiful Bloom by Leonie Pujol...


Then I used Spectrum Aqua pens to colour all the parts, and coloured around the main circle image by dusting on some Broken China distress ink.  The birds and all the various flowers were coated with glossy accents, and the larger flowers had a sprinkle of glamour dust over the top for extra sparkle...


The parts were then layered up using glue gel and pink circle dazzlers added to the centres of the flowers...


Paper from LOTV was added at an angle to the base card, then a different pattern matted and layered onto the top.  A circle of pink card was die cut for the main image...


The pieces were then all glued into place...





It will be requiring a box as it is quite a dimensional card, but I think it is really cute!

I will be back on Friday with a selection of quick and simple cards,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment