Monday 23 May 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Grungy Glam Heart

Hello again and hopefully you have had a relaxing weekend!

I would like to say hello and welcome to all my followers, I am so pleased you have joined me and hope you continue to read about my crafty projects.

I have been busy getting messy with some mixed media this weekend, I think the paint is just about coming off my fingers now!  It was lovely getting really grungy with this project and the colours are some of my favourites to work with.

I am entering this project into the following challenges...

* Mixed Media World - Glam Grunge
* Mixed Media Place - Be a Light Mood Board

* Stamplorations - Stencil Sunday #44 + May Mixed Media Challenge
http://stamplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/stencil-sunday-may-1.html
* Love2Create - Challenge 11 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
* Sandee and Amelie - Steampunk/Industrial

I started with a wooden heart which I prepared with white gesso...


Using the cog stencil from That Special Touch, I applied white crackle texture paste...


After choosing the embellishments that I felt went with the feel that I wanted, I used 3D matt gel to stick them to the heart...


This was all then covered with more white gesso...


I then used a selection of teal toned chalk and shimmer paints from cosmic shimmer to coat the heart and then added extra shades with Lindy's stamp gang sprays (Time Travel Teal and Shabby Turbine Teal)...


To build up the grungy look I added some cog decoupage paper in places using matt medium.  Copper and bronze micro beads, butter mini glass beads and teal and rust toned glitter were all added for extra texture.  Then gold Pebeo gilding wax was used across all the elements...


Finally I wanted an inspirational sentiment, so chose one from a Dylusions set, stamping and embossing in gold then adding a hint of colour before cutting out the sections to add to the centre of the heart.  I also wanted a touch more glamour, so used the wings and a butterfly from Leonie Pujol's latest stamp sets to stamp and emboss in teal Wow! powder on heat resistant acetate.  These were each done twice to be layered up using glue gel...





 And that was my take on a grungy but glam mixed media project!

I will be back tomorrow with one of the samples that was made for the latest stamp launch by Leonie Pujol so hope you will be able to join me.

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment