Friday 13 May 2016

Funtastic Friday: A quick birthday card!

Hello, I am a bit late today but have still just about made my Friday post!!

My little boy is off to a birthday party on Sunday for his little friend who will be 4 so I decided to use the same fairy stamp that I made a card with recently to make a personalised card for her...



I started by stamping the Lili of The Valley fairy in Versafine as well as the sentiment from a Phil Martin set.  They were then cut out using Sue Wilson's Italian Circle dies and a pierced flag die.

I wanted quite a subtle look to the colour but also a bit of shimmer, so used Spectrum Aqua pens but with a clear sparkle pen to apply them.  Then I added some colour around the edges using dusty concord distress ink.

The pieces were mounted onto purple card and then onto a 6" square base card. I wanted to make the card more personal so cut matching purple pieces with a small banner punch from Stampin'Up! and stamped the letters of the little girl's name to add to them. 

They were all stuck down with glue gel then some paper flowers added as a finishing touch.

Over the weekend I will be doing some mixed media and am thinking that after all the flowers of the past week I may go a bit steampunk or industrial!  Hopefully I will see you on Monday,

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment