Friday 27 May 2016

Funtastic Friday: Hearts Galore!!

Hello!

I thought I would share a few samples today that I made for the launch show for Leonie last week.

When I make my samples I try to strike a balance between items that have quite a lot of different products and techniques to show what the stamps can do, but also samples that are fairly simple to show what can be achieved reasonably quickly and easily.

So today I am sharing 3 projects that I made using the hearts from the 'Off She Flew' stamp set.  These were all very quick to make and required very few extra supplies...


This first little gift bag is on the packaging of the stamp set.  It must have been one of the quickest samples I made!  The bag was spritzed with a gold ink spray then I very randomly and quite roughly (as I wanted a distressed look) stamped the solid heart using fired brick distress ink.  I then used black ink with the stitched heart over the top.  I repeated the process with 2 more hearts which were cut out and layered up and finally stamped the sentiment, inking round the edges lightly.  This was also one of my favourite designs!


I wanted to make a really clean and simple type of card (not usually my style!) using the hearts as a rainbow, so that is what I did.  I chose the 7 colours from the Spectrum Aqua pens and coloured straight onto the stamp before stamping each solid heart then again used black with the stitched heart, then cut them out.  The hardest part of this card was laying out the hearts, but once this was done just a simple black sentiment and black layers to really frame the card.


This was a little extra card that I made as I got a bit of the bug for the hearts!  Again I just used Spectrum Aqua pens on the stamps and stamped very randomly.  I do always go off the page as it looks so much more natural and I was trying to make sure the hearts were spaced ok, but I don't tend to plan too much.  This time I used a brown ink as I wanted a more vintage look and stamped and cut up the sentiment so that it didn't obscure too much of the hearts behind.

Three quick and easy projects!

I usually have a mixed media project on my blog each Monday, however I am off to a craft fair on Monday so will be busy at the weekend finishing off stock and pricing up etc. so although I hope to get something made and blogged I apologise if I don't!!

See you soon and I hope you enjoy the Bank Holiday,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment