Thursday 21 April 2016

Mask and Stamp sets: Joy Card

Hello once again!

I decided to sneek another post in as a little extra this week!

Another design team card for you today using the new masks and stamps from Leonie Pujol.

This time I used the 'Joy' mask set with some of the flower stamps as well as swirls, circles and bubbles...


This card was great fun to make as I used a couple of my favourite products and I love those fantasy style flowers!

I started by deciding on the card size (I think it was 7" square but may have been 8"!!) and cut my black mat and the white card to size.  The large 'Joy' mask was placed onto the card with repositionable spray glue and then I used a smoothie from Creative Expressions with their colour cloud blending inks (Lemon Meringue, Frosty Sky & Frosty Aqua) to create the background. 

I wanted the flowers to look as though they were growing out of the word and stamped them with grey Versafine so that they stood out but not too much as I wanted the word to be the main focal point of the card.  I then used some of the patterned stamps with coloured ink to create some more interest in the background and matched the colours to the same tones already used.

When the mask was removed I coloured the word using a black permanent marker then covered it with glossy accents.

Some different style flowers were stamped and cut out so that they could add extra dimension.  All the flowers were coloured using Pitt pen markers from Faber Castell and then the extra flowers added using glue gel.

I mounted the main piece onto black card to emphasise the main word and then added it to the card front.

I will be back tomorrow with another step by step project, but this time it is a mixed media canvas.

Hopefully I will see you then,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment