Monday 21 March 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Peach Flower Frame

Hello and welcome to Spring!

As it was the first day of Spring yesterday I wanted to show you something that went with the changing seasons today and as I always connect Spring with more sunshine and lots of flowers I thought I would post some pictures of a frame that I made a while back. 

I have quite a collection of MDF and this frame was one from Anna Marie designs.  It was really simple to put together and I added a touch of acrylic glue to make sure it held together perfectly...


After the frame had been put together it was painted with gesso as a white base and then modelling paste stencilled through onto parts of the frame.  Then I stuck a selection of metal and resin embellishments onto 2 corners of the inner frame then coated it all with gesso again. 
Once this had dried I used spray inks to create a peach colour on the frame, keeping one corner lighter than the other by spraying darker ink on the bottom corner and adding extra ink where needed...



The sentiment was from Clarity and stamped with a brown ink pad and a spritz of ink added.  It was die cut with a rounded corner square  then mounted onto vintage gold card.  A few paper flowers were sprayed with matching ink and then the whole piece was co ordinated together using gold gilding wax...



I particularly like the colour of this frame and I think that pastel colours are also particularly spring like.

Enjoy the start of your week,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment