Friday 4 March 2016

Funtastic Friday - Mum's Poppy Album

Hello and I hope you are looking forward to the weekend!

I have carried on with the floral theme today and am posting a project that I have made for my mum for Mother's Day on Sunday (it's ok she won't be reading this...I hope!).

I am also entering this into the More Mixed Media Challenge - Red.

My mum loves poppies and so there was only really one choice for this project, using the Blazing Poppy Collection from Heartfelt Creations.  I went for an album/journal/notebook as my mum also likes to do art so she could use it for that if she wants to.  This book is bigger than the ones from the other day as it is 6" squared and I put this one together using my cinch binding machine.  Here is how it looked when completed...


The chipboard pieces were covered with paper which had been cut to size then stuck on with mod podge.  Once they had been sealed and dried overnight I edged the sides with gold gilding pen and added some champagne sparkle paste through the TCW reverse chicken wire stencil...

 
The flowers were stamped using black archival ink and then die cut.  As it was a larger space on this book I made 3 poppies of different sizes and also stamped and die cut some leaves.  They were the coloured using memento dye based inks and once they had been shaped and put together they were sprayed with some gold ink, and some also added to the cover.  The centres of the poppies were made using 3D matte gel and black micro beads...

 
Once the flowers had been placed onto the cover I stamped the letters to spell mum and cut them out with a small circle punch.  I used a small banner punch with a contrasting paper from the same collection and edged it with gold gilding pen.  The letters were dusted with ink to match the poppies and then all the pieces stuck together...


I hope she likes it!

I have just had some new sculpture medium arrive today made by Finnabair and can't wait to have a play with it over the weekend, so hopefully on Monday I will have a very mixed media project to show you.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment