Friday 11 March 2016

Funtastic Friday: 80th Birthday Card

Hello!

I said on Wednesday that I would be making something more industrial for today's post but I got a bit side tracked making a birthday card for my mum who will be 80 next week, and I decided to post about that instead and save my other project for next week.

I started by choosing a flower and butterfly stamp set by Bee Crafty and stamped the main flower image using black Versafine.  I also stamped out some of the butterflies and cut them out.  Using distress inks and a clear spectrum noir sparkle pen I coloured them in (I used Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves)...



The main image was cut out with a circle die (with a dusting of ink around the edge) and then mounted onto a scalloped circle cut out in purple card.  Three of the butterflies were then attached using glue gel and faux pearls added...


I used stamp sets from Stampin'Up! for the main sentiment and letters for the banner.  The whole card was then put together on another shade of purple card and extra butterflies and pearls added...




All I need to do now is make the box for it to go in and it is finished!
 
I will be back on Monday, hopefully with that industrial project!!  Have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.
 
 
Jane x 

No comments:

Post a Comment